SERVPRO Has Powerful Extraction Tools to Handle Flood Damage, Including Removal of Contaminated Water Throughout Your Home
Nobody ever expects to be ankle-deep in floodwater throughout their home. However, once a storm comes through, you need to have the ability to remove the water and moisture from your interior. Failing to do so promptly leaves your home subject to secondary damage and exponential restoration costs. Enlist a reputable restoration team's services to address your floodwater damage to have prompt service and fair pricing. SERVPRO is always on call - 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and ensures rapid results to get back to your daily routine.
What Can Flooding Do to My Home?
Any flood damage can become very costly to fix as time goes on. The longer water and contaminants are left to fester, the more secondary damage can set in. If water began migrating throughout your entire first flood, it becomes imperative that you have not only quick extraction but also professional moisture detection to find any hidden pockets.
With our initial assessment of your home, we take a look at how floodwater moves through the different structural and building materials in that path. After knowing the severity of the spread, we can focus our attention on areas that need it most. In many situations where contaminated floodwater infiltrates a home, our crew has to perform controlled demolition. Different elements that we address include:
- Drywall –One of the more common materials that might be deemed unsalvageable in as little as 24 hours after initial exposure to standing water is drywall. Moisture wicks its way up the drywall, which can lead to warping or crumbling. Our crew can perform flood cuts several inches above the saturation portion and then replace it with all-new materials. The walls get finished off to bring them back to preloss condition.
- Floors –Various flooring types can become severely damaged when exposed to standing water for an extended period, such as vinyl, linoleum, carpeting, and hardwood. If your flooring shows signs of bloating, bubbling, cupping, or warping, the best course of action is to have it removed and replaced by our trusted contractors.
- Wood Trim –We often remove wood trim in situations where it becomes saturated with the threat of contaminated water. Should your drywall and insulation call for replacement in certain areas, we will more than likely need to replace the trim as well. Our crew can sometimes remove and replace the baseboards alone when the drywall is in good condition.
How Can I Tell if the Floodwater is Contaminated?
You and your family should stay clear of flooding within your home as much as possible. If you can, block off the flood zone to not expose and help limit water migration into other rooms. You can shut doors and put blankets or towels down to keep the water at bay until we arrive. Once our crew is on the scene, we can perform sample testing to determine how contaminated the floodwater is. When water comes into your home from outdoors with storm floods, it tends to bring contaminants like:
- Fecal matter
- Silt and mud
- Fuel or chemicals
- Pathogenic organisms
- Vermin that may bite
- Random debris, and more
Once the water gets tested, we can treat the flood zone before beginning the cleanup process, which helps to keep hazardous droplets from becoming airborne as our team works on extraction and drying. After your interior is dry, we also have a broad range of professional-grade antibacterial and antimicrobial cleaning agents to thoroughly sanitize all surfaces. Should there be any contamination concerns, SERVPRO can perform further testing to ensure all bacteria have been eliminated.
Why Should I Call SERVPRO When I Have Flood Issues?
Our team features technicians trained following the standards set forth by the Institution of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). We are available seven days a week, around the clock, to get to work when you need us most. Some of the professional services that we have to offer our customers include:
- Rapid arrival on-site and ready to work within hours of your call
- Trucks from our Green Fleet stocked with the latest equipment and cleaning agents
- Professional inspection and proven methods for restoration
- Help with your insurance claim
- Total drying and moisture detection techniques
- Certified SERVPRO Clean
With the water removal and assistance with flood damage that offers, you can have your interior back to preloss condition faster than any DIY methods will allow. SERVPRO of Union County is here to help. Call us 24/7 for emergency service at (704) 764-3216
For more about SERVPRO of Union County click HERE