Winter Fire Safety
During the winter months the risk of home fires increases.
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), home fires occur more in the winter than any other season.
- Kitchen Fire
- Wood Heaters
- Kerosene Heaters
- Space Heaters
- Overloaded Circuits
All of these are hazardous to your home. Make sure that when you are using these that no flammable objects are more than three feet away.
Make sure that you have working smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
If you are going to be away from your home, you should make sure that none of these items are left running or open flames unattended when no one is home.
In the event that you have a fire, do not panic call 911.
After the fire is contained, please reach out to SERVPRO of Union County at 704-764-3216.
We will dispatch our emergency team to assist you.