Recent Commercial Posts
How We 'SERV': Local Restaurants and Water Damage
Local restaurants tend to use more water than your typical business. From cooking to cleaning, restaurants use water in almost every aspect of their work. Because of this, these businesses can be affected by water damage more severely than others. For example, sprinklers are necessary in every restaurant as fires are more typical in the kitchen. However, excessive water can lead to water damage and ruin carpet, cloths, fabric and food. Additionally, busted water pipes can leak or crack, causing serious damage to anything around it. Even water overflow from restrooms can create a major problem for a restaurant. If left untreated, mold can form and spread under carpet, tiles or in wall paneling. Textiles will lose their color and walls will stain from excess moisture.
Thankfully, SERVPRO is a choice solution for all of your commercial and water damage needs. Our specialists can answer any questions you may have about your restaurant recovery process. Additionally, our crew determines the type of water damage and creates an effective plan of action, resulting in a speedy start to your restoration process. SERVPRO’s team of trained professionals then begin water removal and extraction through our highly effective equipment. Water and moisture is pulled out of every surface and material found in the affected areas to ensure no mold can develop over time. Lastly, SERVPRO is able to restore your items through specialized cleaning techniques with industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Whatever type of water damage your restaurant may be experiencing, SERVPRO is here to help recover and restore your belongings. Our crew of trained professionals will ensure your restaurant is back in business as soon as possible and that your equipment is left “Like it never even happened.”
How Can SERVPRO Serve Your Business?
With the innovations of SERVPRO’S Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) system, a business owner is able to upload individual portfolios of their business and locations to our servers. But what exactly does that mean for small businesses? In the event of an emergency at your business, like after a flood, fire or storm damage occurs, our technicians are able to view and obtain critical information before they even arrive on site. In critical situations, this can save valuable time and your business can benefit from faster response times. Additionally, our technicians receive more details about your situation, allowing them to create a more effective plan of action. So what are other ways businesses can benefit from this system?
Our ERP system allows businesses to create custom profiles for each business location or franchise. If multiple locations have been affected by the same disaster, our technicians are able to view each store layout and specifications so that we can put together the most effective plan for each location. This system enables business owners to avoid the confusion and strains that follow dealing with disasters in multiple business locations. Additionally, businesses with unique or complex layouts can store blueprints, eliminating time spent on finding water mains, pipes and electrical breakers. This cuts down on time used by technicians looking for critical sources on site. Older commercials buildings can be vulnerable to more severe water damage, making quick response time a top priority. Whether it be new or old, your business will benefit from the effectiveness of SERVPRO’S ERP system.
Fire Safety for Business Owners
Though some fires are unavoidable acts of nature or unpredictable accidents, many fires in the home and workplace are avoidable. The following tips can help reduce the likelihood of a fire in your business or home.
1. Watch your cooking - Stay in the kitchen if you are frying, grilling or broiling food. Never allow young children around the stove or oven, especially if they are not closely attended.
2. Give space heaters space - Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn.
3. Smoke outside - If you must smoke inside, have a sturdy, deep ashtray. Never smoke in bed.
4. Keep matches and lighters out of reach - Keep matches and lighters in high cabinets, preferably under a child lock.
5. Inspect electrical cords - Replace cords that are cracked, damaged, have broken plugs or have loose connections.
6. Be careful when using candles - Keep candles at least one foot from anything that can burn. Blow them out before you leave the room or go to sleep.
7. Have a fire escape plan - Make a fire escape plan and practice it at least twice a year.
8. Install smoke alarms - Install alarms on every level of your office or home and inside bedrooms. Interconnect them so they all sound at once.
9. Test smoke alarms - Test alarms once per month. Replace batteries once per year or as needed.
10. Install sprinklers - Sprinklers can help maintain and sometimes even extinguish fires, giving your local fire department a better chance of saving your property.
Whether its giving tips on fire safety or providing 24/7 emergency services, SERVPRO of Anson, Stanly, and Richmond County is here to help! For information on fire damage repair and restoration call today at (704) 474-7190.
Own a Business?
The same people you trust after a fire or water disaster can also make sure your business stays clean all year around!
What cleaning services do we perform?
* Ceilings, Walls & Hard Floors
* Deodorization of Spaces
* Air Duct Cleaning & HVAC Cleaning
* Drapes & Blinds
* Carpet & Upholstery
*Biohazard, Crime Scene & Vandalism
Interested in something that is not mentioned on the list? Just give us a call and we can see what we can do for you.
Our trained professionals are available to remove the stress from your work load to allow you to worry about maintaining and growing your business!
Reach out to our office with any questions you may have & we will make sure you speak to someone that can help!
SERVPRO Of Anson, Stanly, & Richmond : 704-474-7190